Accounts Payable and Receivable Specialist
The Accounts Payable-Accounts Receivable (AP-AR) Specialist is responsible for processing sales orders in our Financial Billing System, and ensures the information supporting sales orders in Salesforce has the most current pricing and costs by product coinciding with the order processing workflow system. This role will own our full cycle accounts payable and receivable support. The right person for this role is highly-organized, accountable and operates with efficiency, urgency and discipline.
What You'll Do:
- Process accounts payable from invoice entry to payment, ensuring payments are timely and in accordance with terms.
- Ensure proper coding of invoices, departmental approvals and accurate entry into billing system.
- Sets up new vendors within Financial Billing System.
- Responsible for monthly processing of sales orders through interfaces, uploads and manual processing as well as monthly processing of credit memos and price exceptions (discounts).
- Provide quality customer service to internal and external customers with assistance with requests for additional information.
- Perform month-end review of customer invoices, along with reporting and reconciliation required.
- Receive, review and validate new item requests for accuracy and completeness, determine appropriate item type, inventory model, bill of materials and other item attributes.
- Perform checks and balances to ensure proper flow of transactions and completeness of information with order management system as sourcing and operations complete purchase order set up, shipping and receiving.
- Perform collections procedures to collect and report on outstanding customer balances.
- Provide support and assistance to general accounting and finance team for ad hoc projects or assignments as required.
What You Have and Who You Are:
- An Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school plus 3+ years of experience in related area, or possess an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills that reflect active listening, critical thinking and a customer focused tone.
- Superior organization, time management, and follow up skills to ensure responsibilities and goals are met within SLAs.
- Ability to multi-task, and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills that reflect creative thinking and conscious effort to satisfy the customer while minimizing cost and risk to GSM.
- Ability to drive accountability, team work, customer focus, and mutual respect.
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States.
GSM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.