AWS Cloud Solutions Architect
The AWS Cloud Solutions Architect will architect and build cloud-native systems, wrangle cloud systems' complexity, and ensure that best practices are following when using a wide range of cloud service offerings. This role is for a roll-up-their-sleeves AWS certified professional who is a cloud migration enthusiast with a passion for elastic workloads and server-less frameworks. This role will evaluate the pros and cons of using IaaS vs. PaaS and other managed services when designing and recommending solutions.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a SME on AWS services, tools and best practices - providing recommendations on what service to use and when, including at times when non-alternative AWS solutions might better serve the business based on its needs.
- Lead the continuous delivery (CI/CD) automation process from conception to implementation, and the integration of cloud-native services to create full functioning, cohesive delivery pipelines.
- Ensure that applications and relevant systems it runs on have appropriate monitoring, logging and alert solutions.
- Provision cloud infrastructure in an automated manner using tools like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, and AWS CDK.
- Build containers and automate container orchestration - from deployment, to management and scaling.
- Set and query relational data stores (MySQL, Amazon Aurora/RDS), noSQL data stores (MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB), Data warehouse (Amazon Redshift) and Amazon RDS Proxy.
- Use your deep programming experience to implement solution POCs and automate solution resiliency validation and verification using tools like AWS Lambda, Bash, Python and Java.
- Oversee companywide infosec technologies; enforcing compliance and cybersecurity guidelines across the organization.
What You Have and Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field of study, 3 years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Passionate for cutting-edge cloud services, and a deep interest in cybersecurity architecture and infosec technologies.
- Demonstrated experience with CI/CD suites and source control management such as: Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis CI or Gitlab CI, GitHub, GitLab and BitBucket.
- Demonstrated experience with AWS build tools such as: CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodePipeline.
- Application and system administration experience with tools like: DataDog, Amazon CloudWatch/CloudTrail/X-Ray, Amazon SNS/Nagios, and or ElasticSearch/Kibana.
- Working knowledge of container orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS/EKS, Rerdhay OpenShift and Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- AWS Certified as a DevOps Engineer Professional, SysOps Administrator Associate and/or Solutions Architect Professional a plus.
- Ability to drive employee accountability, teamwork, customer focus and mutual respect.
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States.
GSM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.