The Media Developer will support the production and delivery of marketing campaigns in digital, email and direct mail channels, and plays a key role in ensuring quality and production standards are met prior to releasing deliverables to the client. The right person for this role has great computer programming skills, likes working with data, enjoys troubleshooting and problem solving and thrives in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What You'll Do:
- Perform design and development of applications on complex projects using both packaged software applications and custom-built applications.
- Use complex data types (XML, multi-line variable data record formats), to design and develop marketing campaign templates based on customer-specific business requirements.
- Set up new projects to process through existing applications for both mail and email projects.
- Program, test and troubleshoot wireframes and templates.
- Generate emails in HTML and/or plain text, and set up master workflows to support Document Template design.
- Lead the development of creative media assets including gathering requirements, collaboration with designers, copywriters and stakeholders to ensure alignment with brand guidelines.
- Manage technical development, execution and troubleshooting of media campaigns (such as email) in a variety of other languages.
- Ensure accuracy of creative marketing assets with detail-oriented quality assurance.
- Ensure email and digital creative renders properly on appropriate devices and platforms.
- Utilize creative performance metrics to iterate on programs and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare documentation for ongoing or automation projects, and train others on using these to run production jobs.
What You Have and Who You Are:
- Associates degree or two year degree or certification from Vocational/Technical school in Web Design, Graphic Design or Marketing or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 2+ years of related work experience creating variable data for both printed pieces as well as digital components.
- Familiarity with current software used for creating variable data components including Fusion Pro and Adobe Creative Suite for print, Campaign Monitor and HubSpot for marketing automation and emails.
- Additional experience in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Jira and Atlassian Confluence.
- Ability to drive employee accountability, teamwork, customer focus and mutual respect.
- Must be eligible to legally work in the United States.
GSM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.